Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day

May you have a BLESSED & HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!  Please take a moment to give thanks for what you have and the people who are in your lives.  Share stories or reminisce, make new memories and take lots of pics.  BE THANKFUL FOR HOW TRUELY BLESSED YOU ARE!!!! 

In my family we celebrate Thanksgiving on the eve of.  My Mother Regina, Step-dad Mike and Grandmother Ruth usually do all the hard work and preparation of the meal.  I am very thankful & appreciate ALL the effort.  As expected, it always turns out so beautiful and delicious!  YUMMY FOR THE TUMMY!!!

Mom's Table Decor
 
This year was a little different.  I was able to share Thanksgiving with both my boys.  It's been three years since thats happened.  I was one happy MOMMA!  But, on a very sad note, Grandpa Pat is not doing so great and is in a specialty care facility still.  It was not the same not having him at the table along with my sister Juli.  She lives in Florida and due to work could not make it.  BOO!!

After dinner my boys and husband headed to the deer woods to meet my Dad J.C. & Grandpa King.  It's time for a little deer hunting.  The men of my family have always went hunting on this extended weekend.  Maybe they will come back with a deer or two so I can have some deer jerkey.  *hint, hint*  What they are sure to come back with is stories.....this I know.  I hope everyone has a great time.  I usually hang out by myself with plans to watch The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while going thru black friday ads.  Not sure if I am having any part of the shopping on Friday though.  I have no big ticket items to go after.  So I am not thinking it would be any fun or worth it.  Best of luck to those that do.  Hope you gets some great deals folks! 

Here are some of our family pics:




No comments:

Post a Comment