Sunday, September 9, 2012

When The Story Of My Life Is Told

This popped into my head today while listening to the radio and driving to the bookstore after church.  I heard an old song ~ When the story of my life is told... then my brain goes on OVERLOAD with thoughts... TIME OUT!  Do I even want my story told?  It's not always been a bowl of cherries people.  That's for sure!  I hardly doubt I am alone.  What if you took a page from my book and it had all the details to your favorite parts of me, what would it read?  What would it say about me as a daughter, sister, friend, wife or mother? On the flip side ~ ~ ~ My story is still being written, THANK GOD! 


Today is Grandparent's Day!!!  I sure am missing my Pat, Mimi, Papa & Nanny.  Thank you for the genuine love and patience you've shown me in the years we shared together and the many lessons you've taught me!  I love and miss each of you dearly!!  Ruth, passed away this past June. One of the most memorable things since her passing is the fact I was allowed to go through some of her books in her bedroom. One I had given to her at Christmas several years back. In the book she had written side notes. She'd add her opinion, thoughts or scriptures.  Everything I read was positive or uplifting!  It touched me beyond words. I can't hardly type this without wanting to cry. Ruth would write stuff on envelopes from junk mail, receipts etc. Just random thoughts. I now where I get it from because I do this often. 

What if I were gone?  Would my husband, kids, family or friends be interested in my words?  This is really weighing on my mind, can you tell?  With thoughts like these it made me decide I need to journal more.  I always enjoyed it so why don't I do it more often?  I've been keeping a journal of sorts at church (during service or from bible study).  I guess my blog could be considered journaling too.  I like to start them but hardly ever really follow through or finish them.  Why is that?  Seems like things will start on a positive note but as soon as I fall, fail, drift or things aren't all peaches and cream, I quit.  Isn't that life though?  Are we not allowed ups & downs?  What am I so afraid of, that my life is a journey just like everyone else?  Truth maybe?  Real life?  Genuine feelings?  Hurting others by my thoughts?  I'm honestly not sure.  Regardless, I am NOT going to let this hinder me.  I am going to start again.  When I feel it shifting to not so great thoughts or feelings I will find ways to draw positive from the negative in the situation.  If I've learned anything in the last 3 years, it's that you can always find something positive in every outcome.    

 
 
You can order this journal on at  www.journalsunlimited.com
 
I started today.  I can tell I am going to enjoy this type of journaling because each page starts and ends the same way.  Gives you lines to write your thoughts to the following questions.  Then it has an entire page for Reflections/Notes. 

Day:      Date:
Today's weather, news, events:
Today I feel:
I am grateful for:
Spiritually I:
People in my thoughts today:
Magical moments (comfort, peace and love):
Donation of the heart (acts of kindness, sharing, caring and forgiveness):
For a better tomorrow (goals, idea, etc)



Pretty happy about starting these two books.  Let me know if you have already read them or would like to when I am finished with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment