Monday, March 4, 2013

Speak Life Into People


I felt this was worthy enough to share and maybe it can help you with similar situations.  Take from it what you will....

Last week, I was finding it hard not to lash out and want to react towards people who were treating me with disrespect.  I know reacting negatively would not benefit anyone or accomplish anything!!!  I am not willing to participate in that old behavior.  I'm NOT tooting my own horn but, I know I have come a long way.  Three years ago I would have lashed out and spoke my mind without hesitation.  Now, I am trying to see people through the eyes of grace as the Lord does me daily.  I decided I will be the change I want to see {I am sure you have heard this saying too}. 

As I was sitting at my desk a message come over the radio station I listen to.  It said BE EFFECTIVE TODAY AND SPEAK LIFE INTO PEOPLE.  That happened at just the right moment.  I know He was speaking directly to me by allowing me to hear that message. 

I then googled {love me some Google} "how to speak life into people."  Much to my delight I came across Nicki Koziarz who wrote a blog about this very topic.  I wanted to share her thoughts.

 
Here are 10 ways to speak life to someone today:

1. Tell them how much they mean to you.


2. Let them know the ways they bless you… maybe it’s their smile, a kind heart or a generous spirit.

3. See something great inside them and let them know.

4. Compliment their hair, their eyes or something you see beautiful about them.

5. Pray for them, and then let them know.

6. Invite them to do something special with you and tell them how much it means that they would take time away to spend time with you.

7. Read an encouraging Bible verse or quote and then send it to them, tell them it made you think of them.

8. Listen to that gentle Voice inside you leading you to text them, call them or stop by their house.

9. Validate their sad feelings or emotions but help them to see the bigger picture.

10. [blank] She left it blank and I liked this suggestion ~  Simply give them a hug. WHAT WOULD YOUR #10 BE??

If you get a chance check out Niki Koziarz ~ I think you will enjoy her blog.  She writes for crosswalk.com, believe.com, proverbs31ministries.com {she seeks}.

2 comments:

  1. Love this. LOVE this. I am just about to post about gossiping and talking about people - this seems to go hand in hand. Instead of gossipping about them, why not talk life into people. I think it changes your attitude towards them!

    I'm going to link up to your blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth~ it has helped me more than you know. I keep thinking good about them and try my hardest to tell them something positive about themselves in hopes it might adjust their thinking or negative attitude. I'm not perfect myself but this seems to be helping.

    What would your #10 be??

    ReplyDelete