Sunday, February 26, 2012

Red River, NM

Well ~ well ~ well..... we went skiing for the first time and let me just say what an experience it was!!!  We drove to Red River, New Mexico and stayed at Caribel Condos.  I would recommend you stay there if you ever go to Red River.  We decided to take lessons together on day one and we had decided prior to heading out of town that we all wanted to try out snowboarding. 
YES, I strapped on a board and hit my knees multiple times.  Just walking in the boots left bruses on my shins but I didn't realize that until a day or two later and I honestly didn't care.  I wanted to give it a whirl and I DID IT!!!  Cameron even got irritated that his "old" Momma was catching on before him.  Inside I was giddy, but still cheering him on and ended up getting him private lessons.  I thought he'd get more from it (totally without us) with an instructor since the guy did have to spend a lot of time of us big kids.  In the end Mike decided he would try skiing next year.  Cameron is a natural pro and I was just happy to have made it all the way down once or twice without falling on my face.  THAT WAS EXCITING TO ME!  Mike & I defeated our fear of getting on the ski lift.  Wished I had tried it from day one! 

The nights at dinner were entertaining to say the very least.  Never a dull moment!!!  Did I mention we went on Mardi Gras weekend?  Got silly pics of our masks and beads.  Great food & great memories!!!  I loved it when it started to snow one of the nights we were eating dinner.  HUGE flakes coming down and it was breathtaking!!!  I also spent a lot of time reflecting, praying and taking pics of the scenery.  I LOVE TAKING PICTURES!!!  Following me you know this by now.  Hope I don't bore you too badly with them.
Here are some pics from the trip ~ ENJOY!!!



 


Being able to see God all around me was AWESOME!



Day 1 of lessons ~ Cameron & Tom

Mike & Tom

Me & Tom ~ He kicked butt as our instructor!

Didn't take long for him to be a natural

That's Mike in a WIPEOUT!!!

At least I am not flat on my face!

ROCK ON MIKE!

Just the two of us.....


Would you expect anything less from him?


Cameron & John Michael


~Here are some pictures taken by some cool photographers at Red River Ski Lodge~
A big THANK YOU to each of you!!!









***************************************************
(Allison Romine & Myself)
A special thank you to the Romine Family for inviting us along.
We enjoyed spending time with you and your family! 
~ THANK YOU ~
***************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment