Thursday, September 1, 2011

Creating Keepsakes Convention ~ Tulsa, OK






As some of you are aware I go to the Creating Keepsakes Convention with a group of gals I just love. Chris Crabtree, Nancy Bartling & Diana Hardeman. This year was my 5th year to get to attend. Diana and I took 9 classes spread out over two days. You scrapbooking chicks will understand... we took Latest and Greatest with Basic Gray, a couple Technique Tuesday classes (one being an Ali Edwards), a couple simple/basic classes and even one where we ventured out of our "normal" and attempted new flower making (which seems to be the rage these days). I throughly enjoyed going up on Friday and not trying to cram everything into Saturday like we have in years past. I wanted to take a moment to express what these girls mean to me. I love each of you in your own unique way and I cherish our friendship!!! Some of us have been scrapbooking together since shortly after Cameron was born. 11 years together. Over the last couple of years my scrapbooking pretty much took a backseat to life. I allowed too much to come between something I love and enjoy so much. My girls stuck it out right beside me and our friendships are still going strong. As for me and not scrapbooking.....NO MORE! I dusted off all those bins of collected (okay hoarded might be a better word) beautiful papers, supplies, embellishments, idea books and started getting them re-organized. Man, DO I HAVE A TON OF STUFF!!! I thought while I am at it I will share with everyone some of the new examples we saw at CK this year. Enjoy the pics! Hope it inspires some of you as well.














If you have a church group or something local where groups of ladies get together to scrapbook I'd love to hear about it. Over the last couple years our favorite spots have since closed. **so sad**

No comments:

Post a Comment