Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Anyway!

It would be nice if we didn't have to associate with negative people. Sadly the most negative people are those in our own circle of family and people we think/thought were friends. Have you noticed that you can be feeling great, day going smoothly until a negative person comes along with a crappy comment about you?  Regardless of it's merit, let's face it, those people and comments can be hurtful. Most often it's not to your face but to others behind your back or the most shallow a post on facebook.  Then out of nowhere you can start doubting your efforts and worse even doubting yourself as a person?  I think we all have dealt with this or had similar situations. I feel like, and I've said this a lot lately that the closer I get with God the more these types of personal attacks seem to come.  I can't lie, some of those comments dig deep & get super personal and it makes it really hard not to just blow up and react.  Again, I won't lie..... I have reacted, even recently.  I'm human and felt at my limit which is no excuse but a lesson learned.  Here's the deal folks.....You give them exactly what they want by reacting.  It's attention they are seeking, nothing more and we all know misery loves company.  Don't buy into it!  It's NOT worth it!  Something else I have learned is you CAN'T focus on their negativity about you or what they think they know about you.  It requires too much wasted energy.  Focusing on their negativity can be physically exhausting, emotionally draining and even spiritually destructive.  Do not let these people deplete your efforts, energy or mind-set.  When those situations come along I reach for what I know works for me like laughter, my immediate family, calling a supportive girlfriend, smiling, surround myself with positive people, going to church, become more active in other areas or I read my bible and certain books that I find inspiration and encouragement from.
.
So, today I was looking for positive quotes, affirmations and prayer to help me and possibly others when it comes to dealing with negative people and the chains that bind us.  I found this and wanted to share.


People are often unreasonable, irrational and self-centered. FORGIVE THEM ANYWAY!


If you are kind, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. BE KIND ANYWAY!


The good you do today will often be forgotten. DO GOOD ANYWAY!


If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. BE HAPPY ANYWAY!


What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. CREATE ANYWAY!


If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. SUCCEED ANYWAY!


Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. GIVE YOUR BEST ANYWAY!

IN THE FINAL ANALYSIS ~ IT IS BETWEEN YOU AND GOD. IT WAS NEVER BETWEEN YOU AND THEM ANYWAY!



The key here is the last statement, you will find that in life you will be much happier when the main
basis of your communication is with God. Focus on developing a special relationship with God and the rest will take care of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment