Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DIY Christmas Crafts

I am addicted to a website that is cram packed full of ideas for you do-it-yourselfers out there.  I wish I had time to do everything I have seen.  Here are a few ideas that have inspired me:
I thought this was ADORABLE.  SO SIMPLE & EASY!
All you need is fabric or ribbon containing the colors you are using this Christmas.  Add the strips to the strands of lights and there you have it ladies & gentlemen.  I like how they did it a little different with a variety of colors.  This would be neat if you had several trees in your home and all had tons of colors.  I think mine will be different shades or reds & greens.  Might add some white here and there just for pop.

I have seen these for several different occasions.  I have seen where scrapbook paper was used in the background or painting the white canvas and then the colored buttons were added on top.  I think holiday scrapbook paper would look great then use a solid color of buttons for the main show.  OR I think I might get matching colors of the same shades of greens & reds I plan to use on the project above so all of it can go around my mantle and look so stinking awesome!!!

This is different and would look great anywhere in the house.  Just spray paint the pinecones to match your decor and that's all it takes.  You could add spray glitter to make some of them pop even more.  Too simple and adds a nice look.

Can you say EASY???  Just buttons and a foam shaped Christmas Tree.  It looks like they used fall colors.....You can use anything your like.  I've seen these with fabric or scrapbook paper also on the background then the buttons added and they were just as stinking cute.  My favorite part of this project is the pearl stick pins used.  Just adorable.

This project does not have to be for just the holidays but I thought if you have a mantle you could take the first letter of each name in your househould, add fabric or scrapbook paper as your background, find a cool wood or metal letter.  Maybe even use a cricket machine to make a paper letter, paint the frames and use them behind the stockings that hang from your mantle.  Or spell out Joy, Holy, Peace, Love or something like that and just add different colors and sizes of framed projects for a really neat looking collage on your mantle or wall.

Here we go again.....I MUST HAVE A THING FOR BUTTOMS!!!!  Tons of green buttons and all the colored push pins.  LOVE!  LOVE!  LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment