Monday, October 29, 2012

Encouragement

I am one happy Momma right now!!
I enjoy reading blogs and stumbled across one today that hosts swaps.  I use to join scrapbooking swaps ALL the time.  It was yet another outlet that allowed me to be creative and brought me joy.  Meeting new people and connecting with them is always FUN too.

Today I found Kaitlyn's post on Wifessionals Blog

cara (car-rah) noun : beloved friend
Awesome things in the mail + Meeting new women + Encouragement = Cara Box

If you are interested in joining this months swap click on the link above and sign up.  Please do NOT sign up if you have no intentions of actually participating.  Don't ruin the fun for someone else.


I have to agree with Kaitlyn, I too remember a day when sending cards and actually picking up the phone to let someone know you are thinking of them has almost totally become a thing of the past.  It's all about social media, texting and emails.  I still LOVE to send handwritten and sometimes even handmade cards/gifts.  I think it goes a little above and beyond to let someone know you love them.

Speaking of encouragement let me tell you about another group I am proud to be a part of, it's called COFFEE AND JESUS.  I have mentioned it on a previous post but it deserves being mentioned again.  If you are not connected YOU NEED TO BE LADIES!  We started as group of 4 and this past weekend we had 16 of us discussing the book of Psalms.  Plus, ladies around the US have started their own local groups and are connecting nationwide.  I'm all for coffee, fellowship and spending time with like minded ladies.  


Here is a post I shared this Saturday after our meeting: 
With every triumph, every struggle & every lesson being learned in my life it is truly refreshing to know I am NOT alone! I am blessed to a part of an amazing group of ladies who offer acceptance, compassion and healing (without even knowing it). I enjoy being able to relate and not feel judged!
THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY HEART HAPPY!


SIMPLE WAYS TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS:
Inspired to share and taken from POWER TO CHANGE
Written by:  Stacy Wiebe

Write someone a note.  Tell them that you’re praying for them. Tell them what you’re praying. You can pray specific Scriptures for individuals.

Make celebration a more regular part of your relationships. Celebrate others’ victories, large and small-with a note, with coffee together, with a special meal, a congratulatory phone call.

Realize the power of presence. Just being there is encouraging! When you’re with others, you’re telling them that they’re important.


1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

"You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes and encourage them in their pursuits.  Whe we wll help one another, everybody wins." ~ Jim Stovall

No comments:

Post a Comment