Sunday, November 4, 2012

NO! Say it ain't so....

I have gained some weight!!!!!!!!
I got too comfortable and started back with old behaviors.  The good thing is I know what I have been doing wrong and it can easily be corrected.  I will list some examples below. 

Being "overweight" is something that does not interest me in the least.  Been there done that.  It's time to change some stuff folks!  I refuse to go back to where I started.  REFUSE!  I thought if I posted my disappointments and made it public maybe, just MAYBE it will kick my rear into high gear and get me back on track.  It should make me more accountable in the meantime.   

I went online and checked the dreaded BMI chart (as if I needed to add more sadness).

BMI Range

  • Underweight = 18.5 or less
  • Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
  • Overweight = 25-29.9
  • Obesity = 30 or greater
According to my weight and height I am OVERWEIGHT!  My BMI is 28.7.  Before I freak out too much on myself, even when I was at my lowest weight since 2010 (looked great, felt great, wore a size 10/12 in jeans, medium dresses, some small to medium sized shirts and had great energy) I had a BMI of 25.7.  I dislike this charting system, FYI!!!! 

THIS WILL NOT DEFINE ME!  MARK MY WORDS!
 
I drink Starbucks WAY TOO MUCH!  If I choose to drink this I need to choose the lower calorie drink options that are available.  I need to cut back on the amount of drinks per week.  This is a bonus for me once accomplished.  A WIN, WIN if you will.  It will save money in addition to helping me kick the bad habit.  Starbucks is not all bad.  It is when you need it daily like a drug.
 
I started drinking coke again.  Even though it doesn't even taste good to me.  That's just dumb.  Easy fix.....NO COKE.  Replace with water.
 
I drink sweet tea daily.  BAD, as if I had an IV set up and it ran though my body all day non stop.  In my head I think I am getting water too BUT I am not fooling anymore.  Not even myself.  So much sugar and that equals FAT!  I get it.
 
HIGH CARB INTAKE!  It wasn't even fun while it lasted.  This too will change.
 
I quit walking and jogging.  Why?  Lazy!  It's not an excuse just allowed myself to be temporarily weak and beat!  Not my style so that will change.  No more being lazy!!! 
 
I have been thinking about joining a local 5K that would help me set a positive pace,  work towards a goal, train, strengthen and get back on track.  I also want to join in on a local bootcamp.  I have a lady in mind already FITWVIC  Those things scare the crap out of me.  You have no idea.  I have heard those trainers work you over.  I don't want to pass out on the first day nor do I want to look like a crazy fool.  I don't fear much but even the word bootcamp frightens me.  I need to get out of chicken mode and just do it.  I am contacting her via email and hopefully will hear from her in the morning. 
 
I will remind myself that every attempt to continue a healthy lifestyle does not just benefit myself.  It makes for a happier healthier me.  One my family and friends enjoy being around.  I am worth it and I want to see my children in every aspect of their lives.  From school events, sports, dating, marriage, children.  I WANT TO BE THERE FOR THEM!!!! 
 
NOTE:  If I appear moody over the next few days, I am lacking the constant caffeine I have allowed myself..  I am going to be a walking headache in need of my next caffeine fix.  DO NOT give it to me.  Don't feed the beast, LOL!  People might need to steer clear of me until I get past this part.  Wish me luck and most of all PRAY FOR ME!  Pray for my family......seriously!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment