Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Just Breathe

Lots of things going on in my world. The Ash Gang made it through a crazy busy weekend. We actually transformed the front yard by adding new pavers, shrubs & various perennials. I must say I think it looks AMAZING! Totally updated our curb appeal. Mike & Kyle did all the hard labor. I supervised!

As you know we celebrated Easter this past Sunday. I prefer to call it Resurrection Sunday!!!! My family all gathered at our house this year. We enjoyed time with each other and some yummy grub from Earl's Rib Palace.



RUTH ~ KYLE ~ ME ~ REGINA (taken with cell phone)

I've been toying with the idea of going back to school. There is a great deal of consideration going into this decision and it's all still up in the air. I'm thinking of getting my associates in Applied Science (Respiratory Care Therapist). There are different options available and one is going to an Allied Health School or going to OCCC (community college). It's a mess when dealing with will credits transferring if and when I decided to get a Bachelors degree. Who knows??? It's been several years since I've studied and several years since I've attended classes. Am I ready for this? Can I do this? Is it worth it? I've always been blessed with a good job and made very decent money for someone that did not graduate from college. It also helps that my husband is a wonderful provider. I could be in school and finishing up this in approx 12-15 months. It's an accelerated program if you go the Allied Heath School avenue. It would take me approx 3 years if I take the Community College route. I personally don't want to be in school that long. Like I said it's a lot that's on my mind and after talking to someone that went through the program and graduated with honors she really helped me with all the questions I've had. She has no regrets and was employed the week she graduated. She makes very good money and this field will always be in demand. I guess you can say I am 35 and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I know I am not alone in this feeling. I don't want to be 45+ and still feeling like this. I'm looking for something a little more rewarding as a career. As for now I guess I will just breathe, take it one day at a time. I know good things are in store for me and my family. It's all in his timing and his will. To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment