Friday, November 9, 2012

My Thankful Days

On Facebook I've noticed folks are posting daily what they are thankful for.  I decided to post personally to the very people I am most thankful for on that day.  Some days I will not be able to do this since some of the people/things I am thankful for are not on Facebook. 

I didn't start on Nov 1st.  I was out of town on a ladies lake trip.  I started this week and wanted to share here too.  I plan to continue this throughout the month.  I may miss a day or two so don't get too upset with me.  Posting on Facebook is not the only method of showing my thankfulness.  This week I also sent several handwritten cards out to some special folks. If you know anything about me you know I love to send/receive mail. Nothing says you care about someone better than taking time to show emotion through writing. It's therapeutic to me. Knowing I may put a smile on someones face means a lot to me.  It's part of my road map to happiness!  You never know the impact you can have on someones bad day.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4th~
Let me just say I'm thankful for the bonds both new & old formed this weekend!  From the chick flick watching, home cooking, eating way too much, driving to Tahlequah for lunch at Vidalias, napping, recovering, driving to Quall for dinner at Jincy's Kitchen, LOTS of dancing, singing and video making~~~ THAT LAKE MAY NEVER BE THE SAME :)   Oh, one more thing ~ WE OWNED THIS LADY'S TRIP!  *spelling can make all the difference (inside joke)*  Thank you to Danielle Reel, Diana Hardeman, Tina Wood, Jenny Penwell, Tina Carter & Sharisse Hardeman.
 
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5th~
 
I didn't post publicly on this day but decided on a RAK.  My neighbor has her hands more than full and she's been weighing on my heart.  I know she has struggled with health issues since she moved in across the street (almost 2 years now).  I see her every single day still going to work full time, taking oldest son to various sporting events and being a mom to her toddler too.  She's always on the go!  I decided the best way to show I care and let her know she is thought of was to bake her some Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting.  Your mouth should be watering because they are just stupid good!  She thought so too..... FYI: Her kind words may have made my day more than I had surprised her. 
 
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6th~
 DIANA HARDEMAN
I'm thankful for the friendship I have with you! I kid you not you might be the ONLY person who FULLY gets me and accepts me 100% without judgment. NOT for who I was, what I've done or what I've yet to do.... YOU JUST LOVE & ACCEPT ME FOR ME! I struggle daily with my own personal battles (you are well aware and I am sure I get on your nerves with them) but you love me through them anyways. Thank you for being what I am thankful for today!
 
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7th~
 DANIELLE REEL
Thank you for making time to meet to walk this morning. Looking forward to tomorrow too. I want you to know I appreciate our friendship & enjoy our talks. I am thankful you were brought into my life. I just wished we had met sooner! I love you and I LOVE your family ♥ ♥ ♥
THANK YOU FOR BEING WHAT I AM MOST THANKFUL FOR TODAY!!!!


THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8th~
 ALLISON ROMINE
Allison, I want to THANK YOU for always being there to listen to me and offer advice/opinions when I need it. You are a good friend and YOU are what I am thankful for today! I'm thrilled you got good news and will be even happier when my coffee date is back to 100%. It's great knowing you were placed in my life with reason and I thank Him for that! LOVE YOU!
  
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10th~
THE LADIES OF COFFEE AND JESUS
Too often circumstances seem stacked against us, but if we keep our faith in God, we can find meaning in life. God makes sense when nothing else does. I am thankful to be surrounded by strong ladies who have all seen their fair share of circumstances yet REFUSE to let any of that define them. Put on your full armor ladies and stand strong! (thanks Allison R. for sharing Ephesians 6:10-12) YOU ALL MAKE MY HEART SMILE ~ THANK YOU FOR BEING WHAT I AM MOST THANKFUL FOR TODAY!
 
On this day, I must also add that I am thankful for a SOONERS VICTORY!
 
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11th~
SAM BRADFORD
DALLAS COWBOYS
 
Strange combo, I know!  Yes~ Today I am thankful for Sam Bradford as my back up QB in my family fantasy football league "Sunday Afternoon Quarterbacks".  His 21 points helped me to take the lead over my husband.  It's our week to play against each other.  My regular QB Aaron Rodgers with Green Bay is on a bye week.  Then I am thankful I picked up the Dallas Cowboys as my defense team.  I am proud of this pick up, at least for this week.  I usually get 4-5 points but this week with my new pick Dallas gave me 24 points.  It's not over yet though - waiting for Monday Night Football (both have 1 player each left to play)  As of tonight I have the lead 126 to 86.4.  Believe it or not I am currently in second place in our league standings.  My first year to play and I'm having fun with it.  Who knew this chick would enjoy fantasy football?!?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment