Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful Days, Part 2

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12th
TODAY IS VETERAN'S DAY!! 
I am thankful I am able to reflect on such a heroic man that just happens to be my family.  My Grandfather Wayne "Pat" DeMeritt proudly served his country in WWII.   He also earned the Purple Heart medal and two bronze stars.  You aren't here with us today Pat but you are always thought of and always loved.  Thank you for being the man you were and giving me something so special to be thankful for today.
 
WE LOVE YOU PAT!        
 



 
 
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13th
 
It's days like today I'm thankful to have a little free time on my hands.  A day to get back on track.  A day to get "caught up" if you will.  I need more days like today!  We all do!  Here is to a night spent by the fire catching up on some TV and relaxing.  Thankful for the beautiful fall days and the chilly fall nights.  The best part is knowing God always has something for you, a key for every problem, a light for every shadow, a relief for every sorrow and a plan for every tomorrow.
 
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14th
LORRI WHITTERN
THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A GOOD FRIEND TO ME! I always enjoy our talks and look forward to our "girl" time.  We don't get that too often with all the sports our kids are involved in. When we do, I cherish the time.  Thank you for going out of your way to get us the Miranda Lambert/Dierks Bentley tickets early.   I am so happy we will continue our tour of concerts in 2013!   I love having you as my concert buddy!  Thank you for being part of what I am thankful for this week!
 
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15th
CASEY CANANT
I hope you love your hairdresser as much as I do mine.  She is a great listener, counsellor (not paid enough for these additional services), works miracles on my pretty locks and always does her best to make me feel better than I did when I arrived to my appointment.  No matter what my mood going in is, I always leave smiling and feeling on top of the world!  Casey is just a happy go lucky kind of chick YOU WANT TO BE AROUND!  Thank you for making me feel better about myself and for allowing me to vent.  Casey, my friend, YOU are what I am most thankful for today!  
 
 ~ THE WEEKEND ~
Thankful my identity is not based on the judgement or negative opinions of others!  I know my strengths and my worth regardless of your words!  Most importantly, I KNOW WHO I ANSWER TO! 
 
Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment