Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Time & Bedlam

It has been a bit of a crazy, fast paced, memorable, extended holiday weekend.  Our journey started with Thanksgiving Eve at The Anderson's.  I will admit it felt a little different this year.  Sure missed our Pat & Mimi around the dinner table.  I know Mike missed chatting with Pat about OU football.  It was always a big topic for them.  This year the election would have been a major issue to discuss.  Mom made Ruth's cherry cheesecake/pie.  It hit me pretty hard because Mimi would make me my very own for my birthday (right around the corner).  My sister-in-law Tissa missed out from being sick with flu like symptoms.  Juli was unable to make it due to her work.  She also had to prepare for her big business trip out of the country.  Wishing her safe travels :)  Kyle was unable to make dinner as well.  We may not have had the normal numbers but we had an enjoyable visit.  I appreciate the efforts by Mom & Mike Anderson.  The food was wonderful and everything was decorated so beautifully.  THANK YOU!         

Dad ~ Cameron ~ Momma Ash
 
Right after dinner we were on the road and headed to Granite, OK to the farm.  The men in the family were hunting while Aunt Edith and I planned to cook up a Thanksgiving feast.  Just hanging out with my Hudson family made me feel so good.  Our cooking and food prep was pretty over the top {if I do say so myself}.  I REALLY enjoyed our card games. We got pretty intense playing some crazy 8's!Funniest part was me seeing deer from the kitchen window.  While the guys were out for hours and came back empty handed.  They should have set up a blind on the front porch.  We sure miss Nanny & Papa.  I felt surrounded by many warm reminders of their love for us.  Blessed & Thankful for our time with family & friends!  Before leaving we took some updated family pics.  ENJOY FOLKS!  
 

 
 

 

  
Saturday was BEDLAM!  OU vs OSU ~ First we took a tour at the Switzer Center then it was time to tailgate with Red Bison friends & family.  What a game it ended up being.  For the first time in 107 match ups this game went into overtime.  It was a GREAT game!  Thankful the SOONERS pulled out the VICTORY!!!!  Bragging rights for another year!  ~BOOMER SOONER~ 

~ LOVE ME SOME BARRY ~

Sneak peek into the player's locker room




 
I LOVED THIS ~ HAD TO SHARE




 
Me ~ Jason White ~ Cameron ~ Michael
 
Heading down the players tunnel
 
Sooners Football Field Before The Bedlam Game
 
Roy Williams ~ Me ~ Trent Smith

I LOVE THIS PICTURE
Roy Williams ~ Cameron Ash ~ Trent Smith

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving with time to reflect on ALL that you have to be thankful for.  Life may not always be perfect or going exactly how I imagined.  I know all things are in His timing for His purpose!  I choose to keep believing, keep learning and always give thanks! 

THERE IS ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR.    

“Gratitude means to recognize the good in your life, be thankful for whatever you have, some people may not even have one of those things you consider precious to you (love, family, friends etc).  Each day give thanks for the gift of life. You are blessed.” 

    
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment