Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Divine Coffee Mug Exchange

On December 1st my Coffee & Jesus gals had our Christmas Party and normal gathering.  Since we gather every other Sat. morning over coffee Katie thought it would be cute to host "Divine Coffee Mug Exchange" ~ Like a dirty Santa with coffee mugs that were themed with other gifts that totalled up to $25.  Isn't that a cute idea? 

I went with a theme "To Warm You From The Inside & Out"
I LOVED this coffee mug and if all else failed I would
 have brought this back home with me.

This is what I received.  A coffee mug that is also a chalk board.
It has had an adorable matching turquoise blingy cross and little angel.
~Simply Adorable~

Here is a pic of some of my Coffee & Jesus Friends

This past two weeks we were to focus on our favorite scripture.  Katie wanted us to share it and explain why.  I'd like to share mine here too.

 
I had decided "my current life" {back 3 years ago} wasn't working.  I needed rest in every way possible.  I did not understand the concept of letting go.  To me {because of my control issues} believed that if I let go it is no different than giving up.  When I finally figured out that letting go was NOT giving up BUT instead just one step towards obedience.  That alone brought help and healing.  That first step of obedience can bring you exception into a different light when you learn step by step what it means to trust God without exceptions.
 
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29 

HIS WORD BRINGS LIGHT, LIFE, GRACE & REDEMPTION
 
GRACE BRINGS RIGHTEOUSNESS ~ THAT BRINGS LIFE

2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a coffee and Jesus group near me. I also had to learn, and at times am still learning the difference between letting go and giving up. Thank you for sharing the scripture, I'm just now making my way around the bible finding key verses that stir my heart, and this one did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always create your own Shannon. You'd be great at it! Learn your way around with other like minded ladies.

    ReplyDelete