Friday, January 6, 2012

One Little Word


Some of you know about ONE LITTLE WORD.  I came across it and found it intriguing a couple years back on an Ali Edwards blog.  Let me just say I fell head over heels for the idea and decided to adapt the concept in my life. She usually has a worksheet and a list of words for you to draw inspiration from.  I enjoy reading the meanings and examples other people have come up with.  It's 100% your word and needs to be something that moves you!  I like to have jewelry made that I wear as a constant reminder of MY one little word.  If you are a reader make a bookmark with your word.  Use one in your favorite book and your bible.  Put it on your bathroom mirror.  Just make it about YOU and what it takes to achieve YOUR word to the fullest! 


My word in 2010 was FORGIVENESS.
It was a time for me to let go of the past.  A past that had been holding me down for too long.  I knew  giving Forgiveness would allow me move on to bigger and better things that maybe I didn't think I was worthy of.  My goal was to lift a burden I had carried/struggled with for years.  I held grudges and that alone made me a weaker and bitter person.  You can't be bitter and be happy.  I turned to food for comfort in those moments of weakness and neglected things I should not have.  Learning to let go and start Forgiving myself led to the forgiveness of others.  It's a freeing feeling words alone are not able to express.  Not easily obtainable but worth the effort it requires.  I mean who doesn't want to feel this kind of peace??

My word for 2011 was BLESSED.
No doubt the perfect word for last year.  Regardless of obstacles and hurdles in my path I was able to learn to see just how blessed I was and am.  Confused?  What I am saying is it took a lot to finally understand I am blessed and I am worthy.  You learn from your situations as well as circumstance(s).  I may not have it all in the eyes of others.  It may not be the best of the best but I do know I am Blessed to have my freedom to worship my God.  Blessed to have a husband that is a provider to his family.  Blessed to have handsome & healthy boys.  Blessed to have found a church I call my home.  Blessed with the opportunities to see just how far I've come.  *just to name a few of my blessings*  Here is the piece of sterling silver I had made last year.













My word for 2012 is STRENGTH.
I do this instead of setting resolutions that can be limited.  Strength is physical, emotional and mental.  This word will run pretty deep with me.  Call it a gut feeling if you will.  I have been told several times over the last three or so years what a "strong" person I am.  Please know I am NOT talking myself up.  I am simply stating it's NOT what I've felt on the inside.  I can wear a smile, grin & bear it or fake it till I make it with the best of them.  I desire more than that and I deserve more.   I'm not just talking push-up and lots of treadmill time.  It's about about standing Strong in more than just my physical appearance or physical health but also Strength in my faith, marriage, family, and friendships.  I want to be Strong in resolve.  Strong in standing up for what is right and best for my family.  Strong in my decision making.  I will learn to draw my Strength in knowing who I am, what I am capable of and be secure in being that person!  I might push some limits, struggle with personal trials and even fail at times but I will not give up because real Strength will be MINE in 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment