Monday, January 16, 2012

Prayer Day 16, 17 & 18

My hopes are that each of you start your week off feeling blessed.  I came home last night from a special treat.  I was able to share the weekend at my family's lake cabin with a very dear friend of mine.  We talked, goofed, laughed, watched movies, scared each other, went to Tahlequah, OK to visit another friend, enjoyed some yummy food and ate LOTS of junk food.  We had such a relaxing weekend doing NOTHING.  It felt so good to get to catch up with her and be in our element.  Reminiscing on just how far we have come over the years.  Diana and I have been friend for several years now.  I must admit we are remarably blessed.  One, to have each other in our lives and to know we don't have to talk everyday to understand how important we are to each other.  Two, our friendship is not based on "what have you done for me lately" but purely out of respect and love.  Three, that GOD gave us each other for MANY REASONS!  Talk about two ladies that have been through so many seasons together.  I'm not talking about fall or summer folks.  I thank Him for giving me her.  Love you Diana! 


January 16
Lord, show me where I have anxious thoughts within me.  Search my heart and expose anything that keeps me from the wholeness You have for me.  I want to become all You made me to be, and I know that's not possible as long as anxiety rules my heart.  Thank You that You did not make me to live with anxiety or sadness, but You created me to find joy in You every day.
Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties.
Psalm 139:23

January 17
Thank You, Lord, that You are always with me.  Help me to remember that at all times, especially when I feel lonely.  Because You died for me, Jesus, I know that depth of Your love for me.  Because Your Spirit is within me, I always have the comfort of Your presence.  Enable me to sense Your presence and love in a great way than ever before so that I can be lifted out of any loneliness I feel.  Take the pain of loneliness away from me forever.
I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
Matthew 28:20

January 18
Thank You, Lord, that You will never reject me or cast me away from Your presence.  Thank You that You always remember me.  You knew me before I was born.  Before I ever knew of You, You thought of me.  Help me to think of You always too.  May my thoughts of Your love set me free from the pain of loneliness.  Help me to think of loneliness as a reminder that I need to draw closer to You.
God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.
Romans 11:2


Please remember I'm NOT writing these daily prayers myself ,they are shared with you from the following book of daily reflections:I am not trying to steal the work of others. Only trying to share with as many people as I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment