Thursday, January 5, 2012

Prayers Day 1-5

I was given a gift from a girlfriend this Christmas that I feel will be THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!!  It's a daily reflection book called Prayers for Emotional Wholeness by Stormie Omartian.  A small package FULL OF POWER!  I feel moved to share as I read them.  I fully plan to read daily but may not be able to blog daily.  I know life gets busy and often we neglect things that mean something to us.  As a way of following through I may not post these daily but rather a few days at a time.  Then give my opinion or let you know how it affects me in a current situation or maybe share how it can work in my life to better myself.  Hopefully I share something that can make a difference in your life as well.


January 1
God's purpose for our lives is to make us whole- which is the way He created us to be- and then to work through us for His glory as we surrender our lives to Him.  Emotional wholeness means living without negative emotions and having peace about who you are and where your life is headed.  When we pray to God, we are spending time in His presence.  And in His presence is where we find healing from the pain of our past.  Prayer draws us closer to God, where we can get a vision from our future and better understand our purpose.

January 2
Lord, I thank you for Your Word because it is good and it gives me life.  It puts joy in my heart every time I read it.  I pray that Your Word in me will fill my heart with Your love and peace and cause all anxiety, depression and other dark clouds to blow away from me like ashes in the wind.  I ask that you would take away any sadness in my heart and set me completely free from all negative emotions.
Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad.
Proverbs 12:25

January 3
Lord, help me to not feel anxious about my future or getting my needs met.  Help me to trust that You have brought me this far and that You will bring me the rest of the way.  Help me to not worry about things but to take my concern to You in prayer instead and leave them in Your hands.
I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
Matthew 6:25

January 4
Dear Lord, because I am Your child, I don't have to be weighed down with anxiety.  Because Your Spirit lives in me, I have the power to rise above the things that trouble me.  Because I love You and Your ways, my life can be renewed every day.  Today I pray that You will take away all anxiety, sadness and depression and renew my mind and emotions.
Unless Your law had been my delight, I would then have perished in my affliction.  I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life.
Psalm 119:92-93

January 5
Lord, I pray that Your would take away any sadness I feel and evaporate all depression or oppression that hangs heavily over me.  I want to experience Your joy in my soul at all times.  I want to feel the lightness of heart I know You have for me.  Thank You for bearing my sorrow so I don't have to carry it myself.  Help me to experience Your peace that passes all understanding.
Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God and afflicted.
Isaiah 53:4

After typing this and rereading these prayers I think to myself, WOW!  When you can't seem to find the right words just pray.  Even if you can't speak and find yourself sitting in silence thinking of HIM, He knows where your HEART is....  He knows what your needs are.  He knows what you are thinking and what's hurting you.  GIVE IT TO GOD!  It's biblical folks and He is the only one that can guide you to where you are meant to be.  Once you let go and let Him you can feel a change begin in your life.  Read these prayers out loud if that helps you.  Write your favorite down and pray it daily if you wish.  Just because these are intended to be read on a specific day does not mean you don't have those particular feelings on different days or even some on a daily basis.  Something else I have done is put them in my phone as memos or type yourself a daily message (like a reminder or to-do) that pops up like an alarm on your phone or computer.  It helps you to set aside time for yourself, reflect and PRAY!!  This year I pray that I become more attentive to my spiritual needs.  What I mean by that is instead of getting to where I feel like I can't take much more I'll find reasons to be thankful and grateful in the current situation.  Carry no additional baggage or stress yet understand I am in this season for a reason.  Easier said than done but with Him on my side who can stand against me??

No comments:

Post a Comment