Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Respecting Your Husband

Lots of good stuff to share today.  I have really enjoyed some facebook posts and the blog of Jennifer.  She is the writer behind Unveiled Wife.  Read HER STORY HERE.  I know I am not alone when I say she yanks on some cords that are very personal that most of us ladies can relate to.  What I have taken from her posts/blog is her commitment to draw closer to her husband through prayer, love, inner strength and her will to want more from marriage.  In my opinion it's a positive outlet and my hopes are that sharing will motivate or help others out there.  We all can use more positive in our lives and everyone yearns for happiness, especially in marriage.   

PRAYER FOR THE DAY ~ RESPECTING MY HUSBAND 01.25.12 
Dear Lord,
Thank you for my loving husband. Thank you for giving me such a beautiful gift. I pray that I would have a better attitude towards my husband. I pray that I can express more joy and appreciation towards him. Please help me to have control over my tongue and my emotions. Sometimes I feel like I cannot get over certain issues quick enough, and I suffer with lingering bitterness in my heart. Please remove bitterness from me and replace it with grace and love. Please help me in those moments of forgiveness to truly forgive my husband just as you forgave me. Please give me the strength to bounce back and restore our relationship. Help me to respect and honor my husband no matter what! Please show me how to be a more loving wife in Jesus name AMEN!
Take time to read the link above.  She posted it on January 17th this year.  It is AWESOMENESS!  Makes you think and hopefully eye opening too!

My thoughts today:  I certainly hope today is the start to something more for you and your marriage or relationship.  Let today be the first day of the rest of your life!!!  I believe that marriage is a two way street.  I know it takes tremendous effort and not 100% up to just us (ladies) to have a successful productive marriage but it can definitely start with us.  You have heard the saying BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD!  You can become the woman your husband wants to be around and wants to fall deeper in love with.  Personally I am looking forward to a more rewarding relationship with my husband and I know in my heart we were missing the most important link.  We did not have the Lord Jesus as our foundation.  Our faith was weak.  We were lacking maturity & communication.  I read today that "Maturity says how can I fulfill my spouse’s desires. Immaturity says how can I get my spouse to fulfill my desires?"  With maturity comes selflessness.  THAT IS WORK FOLKS!  Sure we are mature adults but Mike and I have really grown up together.  It's always a work in progress but well worth the ride!  I love you Michael Paul and respect the fact you have not given up on this marriage when at time I thought we should have.  Look how far we have come and how much we have grown.  Think how much more is out there just waiting on us.  We have so much more to learn and I want nothing more than to continue this journey with you by my side.  I like where we are headed and man, do I appreciate the struggles that have made us stronger in our faith and in each other!!!  Without them we would not be experiencing what we have today.

 
* You can click on the pink colored words to take you directly to her website/blog *

1 comment: