Monday, January 2, 2012

Wayne Leon DeMeritt "Pat"

Wayne Leon DeMeritt "Pat"
August 12, 1919 ~ December 25, 2011

My family and I suffered a great loss on Christmas morning.  It hurts so much feeling like such a huge piece of my heart is now missing.  The fact he is no longer in pain brings me peace.  I take with me many wonderful memories and for that I am grateful.  I love you Pat.  I will miss that smile, those beautiful blue eyes and most of all your touch.  You were a loving and compassionate Grandfather to me and even better Great Grandfather to my boys.  I can never thank you enough for that.

God saw you getting tired.
And a cure was not to be.
So, He put His arms around you
and whispered, "come to me".
With tearful eyes we watched you
and saw you fade away.
Although we loved you dearly,
we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating
and hard working hands laid to rest.
God broke ourh earts to prove to us
He only takes the best!





1 comment:

  1. I miss Pat so much. I wish I could see him again. And just sit with him.

    ReplyDelete