Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Prayer Day 8, 9 & 10

January 8
Lord, I put my hope in You.  I refuse to look to another thing or other people to give me purpose, fulfillment and peace.  I confess any anxiety I have as a lack of trust in Your ability to sustain me.  I submit my life to You and put all my expectations in Your goodness, power and love.  Help me to pray about everything and trust You in ever part of my life.
My soul waits silently for God alone, for my expectations is from Him.
Psalm 62:5

January 9
Lord, thank You that whenever my heart is heavy, I can call on You and You will hear me.  I know that if You hear my voice, You will answer my prayers.  Therefore, I will not allow the enemy of my soul to bring me down with thoughts that make me anxious, sad or depressed.  I will come to You instead.
Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; for the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.
Psalm 6:8

January 10
Lord, I know that sometimes I worry about things, and You have said I don't need to be anxious about anything but rather to pray about everything.  I life up to You my situation and the things that trouble me most.  Take away the burden of them from me and help me see them from Your perspective.  Thank You for Your word that says You will perfect the things that concern me.  I put all my trust and confidence in You.
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.
Psalm 138:8

~ * ~ Holy smokes ~ * ~  Let me just start with that.  Today is only Tuesday and I must admit I have been put through the ringer emotionally.  I am dealing with a situation that brings me great stress and as much as I try to set it aside or think I've set it aside there is a new added pressure that has occurred almost daily.  I feel week and start reverting back to a me I am not proud of.  I have struggled and I have cried but my heart makes no excuse and knows I must give it to God to move forward.  As I type these prayers it's as if they were written just for me.  I know they spoke to me and helped me so hopefully they are doing the same for someone else out there.  

** PLEASE NOTE**  The prayers are not written by me.  They are from a daily reflection book that was given to me as a gift this past Christmas.  I just feel moved to share and help others if I can.  Don't want to take credit for something that is not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment