Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prayer Day 24 ~ Alone With God

January 24 ~ ALONE WITH GOD ~
Lord Jesus, when You were on earth, You knew Your were never alone because Your heavenly Father was always with You.  Help me to have that same ongoing sense of your presence too.  Help me to be so aware of Your presence throughout each day that I can feel Your love taking away on sense of loneliness and healing me to complete wholeness.  I know that when I walk with you, I can never truly be alone.
For I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me.
John 8:16

God’s presence with us is one of His greatest presents to us.

Growth in grace requires much prayer, and solitude is often essential to prayer in its most effective form. Jesus recommended drawing aside into one's "closet" to pray, knowing that God will openly reward all who come to Him in heartfelt, secret prayer. It is difficult, I know, to find time in these busy days to be alone. It pays to be alone with God. Alone with God! What a blessed place! Sweet refuge, where the heart can unfold itself. Alone, alone with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment